Auto accidents are frequently reported in New Mexico, but the worst outcomes are often associated with truck accidents. If you have suffered injuries in such a mishap in Rio Rancho, you must lawyer up without further delay. A truck accident is different from a typical road accident involving two vehicles, and it is quite possible that multiple parties could be at fault for the same accident. In this definitive guide, we are sharing more on hiring a Rio Rancho truck accident lawyer.
- Look for dedicated experience. Personal injury lawyers often have a track record in winning certain types of cases. While any lawyer specializing in personal injury law can work on your case, you need someone who frequently takes up truck accident claims in their practice. Don’t hire someone who cannot demonstrate their experience. You can ask about their top settlements and landmark cases too.
- Don’t miss asking about trial experience. Most auto accident claims don’t need a trial. Going to court should be your last resort, but when that’s not a choice anymore, your lawyer’s expertise will matter. Ask the attorney if they have been to court specifically for truck accident cases.
- Communication & response matter. You have to consider whether an attorney takes your call on priority. Lawyers are busy people, which is why they have a team to help clients. You should be able to communicate and connect with the attorney without further delays.
- Ask about their fee. Usually, lawyers take truck accident cases on a contingency fee instead of an hourly rate. In fact, that’s the norm for most personal injury lawsuits in New Mexico. However, you should enquire about the lawyer’s fee in advance, and it shouldn’t ideally go beyond 40%.
- Comfort is important. While your lawyer is not expected to be your best friend or therapist, they must still have empathy for your situation. Don’t work with an attorney who doesn’t want to discuss their experience or listen to your side of the store. Your truck accident lawyer should also explain your legal rights and what you can possibly get for your losses.
Winning truck accident claims is not as easy as it seems on paper, especially because of the complications involved. Big trucking companies and insurance claims adjusters do their best to evade liability, and for claimants, time is important. Get an attorney for your case right away, and you wouldn’t regret your decision.