You seem to find CBD products everywhere. There are varieties of CBD products ranging from lotions, creams. CBD is also getting well known because of its legit benefits. It is always essential to make sure the stuff you’re buying is legal, includes the good ingredients that will not give side effects, and it is as you wanted.
This article will have a small discussion about arthritis, CBD cream for pain, and its side effects.
What is arthritis?
Arthritis is swelling or tenderness at joints. It leads to stiffness and joint pain. Arthritis typically gets worse with age. There are nearly 100 types of arthritis.
The two most common types are:
- Osteoarthritis (OA)
- Rheumatoid arthritis (RA).
What are the symptoms of arthritis?
The symptoms usually develop over time and can also be sudden. At the same time, arthritis is seen most commonly with age. Mostly in adults over the age of 65, but there are chances to develop in younger people, children, teens. Arthritis has also become more common in women than men, also people who are overweight.
Various treatments vary depending on the type of arthritis. The goal of any treatment is to reduce symptoms and improve quality of life.
As arthritis involves joints. The typical sign and symptoms may include:
- Joint Pain
- Swelling and tenderness
- Redness of the skin around the joint.
- Decreased range of mobility
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol or CBD is the most prevalent of the active ingredients of cannabis. In contrast, CBD is derived directly from the hemp plant. CBD is not marijuana, so it won’t get you high. Over time CBD has become a wildly popular non-intoxicating ingredient. Cannabidiol is naturally occurring. It is available in oils, creams, gummies, tinctures, etc. There are three types of cannabidiol. Full-spectrum Cannabidiol is considered potentially effective.
What is CBD cream used for?
CBD cream application is made directly to the skin. It benefits on the surface of the skin and also below the skin. The cream penetrates through the skin layers.
There exists an endocannabinoid system (ECS) in the human body. These ECS help to regulate mood, pain, appetite, etc. Cannabinoids such as CBD helps in activating the ECS of the human body. This is the reason for CBD cream used for chronic pain and inflammation.
Benefits of CBD cream
The CBD is a pack of potential benefits:
- Arthritis: The study of acute joint inflammation in arthritic rats gets reduced over time using local CBD treatment.
- Mediate pain and inflammation.
- Cream Helps to treat Skin conditions.
- Effective on Wound care.
Does CBD cream help with arthritis?
The Arthritis Foundation says that research done on CBD for arthritis can be promising but not sure of conclusive. Several animal studies show potential but not well-designed trials. So, that proves CBD cream is beneficial for people with arthritis.
Most research on CBD concluded that it helps reduce the symptoms like inflammation that trigger arthritis pain. It may need long-term use to see the improvement. The study carried on mice with laboratory-induced arthritis.
Following are the Side effects of CBD cream:
Cannabidiol is generally considered safe. According to the “Arthritis Foundation” moderated CBD doses are safe for most people and should not cause serious side effects.
There can be minor side effects like tiredness, lightheadedness, dry mouth, and severe, rarely occurring liver problems.
- Side effects occur due to uncertainty about the potency or purity of CBD products.
- The other main reason for getting side effects can be due to its interactions with other medications.
- Pregnant women should be considerate before using the CBD Product. There can be a possible link between inhaled cannabis and lower-birth weight babies, and not clear if this applies to CBD.
- Specialists also give few concerns. Like, CBD may lead to upsetting the body’s natural system of pain regulation. Taking CBD leads to tolerance.
- As with all other medications, the ingredient can interact with other drugs. This interaction can trigger adverse effects.
- Cannabidiol may also interact with other drugs, including alcohol and opioids.
- CBD may also give an allergic reaction. The allergies can be particularly in people with tree or nut allergies.
Most common side effects:
- You may feel sleepy.
- People may go through dizziness and inattentiveness.
- There can be stomach problems like diarrhea or nausea.
- You can have mood swings.
- There can be depression.
- You may feel irritable.
- change in appetite or weight
- Low blood pressure
According to Public, researchers demonstrating a growing interest in cannabis treatment says that contact dermatitis may be a side effect of CBD skin cream. At the same time, this can occur with any topical lotion, not just CBD skin creams. CBD is legal in many countries, but you need to confirm if it’s legal in your country.
How to use CBD cream for arthritis?
There must be a proper use of CBD cream. Following are the common tips you should consider before using CBD products.
- Picking up CBD cream for aches and pains or skin problems, research is essential.
- You need to make sure they are purchasing quality CBD products.
- Ensure if the CBD brand is approved with FDA standards to qualify.
- It’s essential to follow the instructions written on the label.
- Don’t go on beyond the usual dosage recommended.
- You can massage the area where you are applying the cream. Massage will help to promote blood flow.
- Be patient while using the CBD for several days to see results.
The CBD can’t replace the other high potential or doctor-recommended treatments.
You should do proper research and confirm its long-term effect while using CBD products by mouth. You need to talk with a healthcare professional before using CBD products.
CBD skin cream can be beneficial for people with arthritic conditions if appropriately used. Usually, the effect of CBD products varies with personal health problems.
Various brands offer CBD skin creams. You must confirm the brand you are using is legally approved.
Leave a comment