Australia has become an increasingly popular study abroad destination among international students due to its world-ranking universities, incredible nature, bustling metropolises, and several breath-taking oceans. International students worldwide flock to Australia for higher education because of its friendly and laid-back population, high living standards, and world-class education system.
International students need to acquire an Australian student visa in order to study in Australia. The Student Visas Australia (subclass 500) allow you to stay in the country for up to 5 years for the motive of full-time study at an educational institution.
With an Australian student visa, you can:
· Undertake an eligible program of study
· Include your family members in your application (including your partner and you and your partner’s dependent child)
· Apply in or outside Australia online
· Work for up to 40 hours every 2 weeks, once your course begins.
Keep reading if you wish to learn more about Student Visas Australia, their eligibility, processing time, requirements, estimated fees, and much more!
What are the requirements for Australian student visas?
The applicant must be able to prove to the Department of Home Affairs that they meet the following key Australian student visa requirements:
· Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) requirement, which says that the applicant must demonstrate a real intention to temporarily stay in Australia for study purposes or for accompanying a student as a dependent.
· English proficiency requirements
· Financial requirements
· Health and character requirements
What are the eligibility criteria for student visas in Australia?
In order to be eligible for an Australian student visa, you must:
· Be 6 years of age or older
· Provide a Confirmation of Enrolment (CoE) in a full-time study program registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS)
· Provide evidence of English language skills
· For the duration of your stay in Australia, you as well as your family must be covered by Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC) from an approved Australian health insurance provider
· Have sufficient welfare arrangements during your stay in Australia
· Meet character and health requirements
· Have adequate funds for your stay
What is the process to apply for an Australian student visa?
· If you’re an international student outside Australia, apply for your Australian student visa at least 6 weeks before the commencement of your course.
· If you’re in Australia, apply way before the expiry of your current visa, as you may need more time in case of any complications.
· Use the Document Checklist Tool and gather all your required documents. Make sure you have the most current list as the tool is updated twice every year on 31st March and 30th September.
· Apply for your Australian student visa online, whether in or outside Australia.
· Create or sign in to your Immi Account, attach your documents and pay the visa application fees.
What is the processing time for student visas in Australia?
Processing times for Australian student visas can vary depending on the sector you’re applying for. It may take:
· Higher Education Sector: 75% of the applications processed in 29 days; 90% of the applications in 42 days
· Vocational Education and Training Sector: 75% of the applications in 43 days; 90% of the applications in 77 days
What is the cost of the Australian student visa?
For the main applicant, the cost of student visas Australia starts from AUD$620. A fee will be applicable for each family member who applies for the visa.
If evidence of English language skills is required for the Australian student visa, what must I provide?
You must provide evidence that you:
· Have secured a certain test score in an English language proficiency test approved by the Department. You must have taken the language test in the 2 years before applying for the Australian student visa.
· Have pursued certain eligible studies in the English language, or
· Fall into one of the exemption categories To find out more about student visas Australia and to select the best university for yourself, visit www.timescoursefinder.com, where you can discover and compare thousands of courses offered by prestigious Australian universities and choose the most suitable ones for yourself!