Usually there are four stages of beard growth. We have outlined all of them for you below:
Well, no other word than awkward can describe the initial days of beard growth. The first few days can give you a weird look with beard. The stubble look may look odd on you and you may take time to adjust to this new look.
However, with 2-3 weeks of undisturbed growth, the real problem will kick in: beard itch. It occurs because of shaving your beard for years and making it coarse. When the hair breaks through, it leads to dryness, swelling, and itchiness.
Hence it is important to keep your beard clean when growing it and use beard wash and beard oil to hydrate it and ease the itching.
The 1-inch group
Stage four comes in 4 to 6 weeks. You may experience patchy beard growth. If you don’t have a luscious beard, then you should take steps for it. There are ways to mask patches.
First and foremost, keep your beard hydrated with beard oil. Use beard balm to add volume and make it appear thicker.
Secondly, comb your beard several times outwards from the midpoint of your lip.
Stage three sets in after 8 to 10 weeks. You now have a full beard but lack of trimming may make your manes wild. You should regularly brush, wash, and oil your beard.
In the 10th week, go to a barber to shape your beard and remove the stray hair.
Complete beard man
This sets in after 4 months. Now your beard is well-trimmed, itchiness is less and it is hydrated, clean and well-groomed.
So, you have become a perfect beard man. Now you can style and shape your beard according to your face shape. You can choose from the different styles of beard available for you to get the ultimate look.
Make sure you regularly use beard wash, oil and balm to tame and manage them and always keep them shining and healthy.
Beard growth tips
You are helpless in front of genetics, but some beard growth tips can help your beard grow thicker and healthier:
- Follow the 5-step procedure to care for your beard better: wash, condition, nourish, style and combing.
- Consume a protein-rich diet such as chicken, eggs, beans, soy items, nuts, and yoghurt.
- Consume beard vitamins such as Vitamin A, E, B5, B3 and C. These supplements can be used in the form of food or taken as supplements.
- Sleep well for at least 8 hours, daily.
- Do a moderate exercise of half an hour daily. Exercises like cycling, swimming, walking or jogging are good. Intense exercising such as weightlifting, sprinting, squash will get your blood pumping. Make sure you include both moderate and intense exercising in your routine for better beard growth.
- Lastly, be patient! The hair growth cycle can take time. Give time to your beard and allow it to grow.
Keep a check on the different stages of beard growth and take necessary actions as and when necessary.
Leave a comment