Spinach is one of the best foods to exist on the planet. Considered a superfood, it is packed with nutrients and is also low in calories making it the perfect choice for all health freaks out there. First originated in Persia, this green leafy vegetable can be eaten in a variety of ways and incorporated into different dishes to enhance flavour. From pasta to curries to omelette to smoothies, spinach is consumed in every culture differently and uniquely.
Benefits of This Superfood
- Spinach is loaded with tons of phenomenal nutrients and that too for a very few calories. There are only 23 calories in 100g of spinach. Quite remarkable, isn’t it? 100g of spinach contains, 91.4g of water, 2.86g of protein, 3.63g of carbs and 2.2g of fibre making it an amazing weight loss food.
- The most abundant nutrient present in spinach is Vitamin K. Vitamin K is important for the body’s coagulation cascade maintaining haemostasis.
- Spinach is also a rich source of vitamin A. vitamin A is essential for the integrity of the skin and mucous membranes and plays a vital role in body’s defences.
- Vitamin C is also abundant in spinach which is important for healthy skin and gums. Other nutrients contained in spinach include, folate, B vitamins and Vitamin E all essential for a healthy body. Minerals present in spinach include, manganese, zinc, calcium, iron, potassium and many more.
- Spinach is well known for the abundant antioxidants it contains. These are known to protect the body against inflammation of all sorts keeping a thousand diseases at bay.
Spinach And Hypertension
One of the most important health benefits of spinach is in lowering the blood pressure. It Is therefore encouraged by all health practitioners to include spinach and other leafy greens in the diet to improve cardiovascular health. Hypertension, one of the most common diseases across the globe is associated with significant morbidity and mortality. Hypertension is a risk factor for a variety of diseases including:
- Strokes, dementia: Brain is only second to heart being affected by high blood pressure negatively. Blood vessels supplying blood to the brain are affected resulting in reduced blood supply to the brain eventually causing a stroke or in the long run, dementia.
- Cardiovascular diseases: the most common complication of high blood pressure and the leading cause of morbidity and mortality in the world.
- Life-threatening arrythmias: arrythmias like atrial fibrillation can be caused by hypertension and can be fatal if not treated promptly.
- Diabetes: this is the most common and debilitating endocrine disorder and is both the complication and the risk factor for hypertension.
Spinach, Hypertension and Erectile Dysfunction
Spinach having a crucial role in hypertension and having numerous health benefits, can actually help in ED.
Erectile dysfunction one of the most prevalent sensual disorders in men across the world. Hypertension is one of the key causes of this disease. Hypertension disrupts the arterial blood flow in the spongy tissues of the penis failing to cause an erection. ED contributes to low self-esteem and problems in inter-personal relationships. The most widely used treatment option is the use of medicinal drugs. These drugs, sildenafil, tadalafil, vardenafil, avanafil, along with an antidepressant SSRI called dapoxetine 60mg (for premature ejaculation) are widely available to treat this condition. These drugs are phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors which improve the arterial dilation of the penile arterioles so that the spongy tissues in the penis can be filled with blood leading to erection. Visit this website: Oz meds online to get genuine ED drugs at amazing prices just at the tap of your finger.
We should try and use such nutrient rich foods in our diet daily to prevent diseases that can affect our health negatively.